Saturday, November 2, 2013

Festive Flurry Snowflake Card

This weekend I hosted my first ever Stamp-A-Stack class featuring holiday cards!  I'll be sharing each of the 4 card designs on my blog, including materials used to make each one.

Today's card was created using the Festive Flurry Stamp Set and matching Framelit dies.  I love this set-- the snowflakes are so pretty and the framelits make it so easy to cut out the intricate snowflake designs.  You can buy the stamps and framelits separately or as a bundle to save 15%!   I've seen a lot of great ideas using them, including ornaments!  I can't wait to play with this set some more and share my creations with all of you.

The colors on this card are some of my favorites- Island Indigo as the card base, Pool Party cardstock, and Coastal Cabana ink for the snowflake.  Each color is part of the Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack, which I used as an accent for this card.


I stamped the snowflake image onto Whisper White cardstock with Coastal Cabana ink, and then used the coordinating framelit to cut out the image using the Big Shot and Stampin' Up!'s new Magnetic Platform.  This was the first time I was able to use the magnetic platform since I bought it, and I must say that it's amazing!  It holds the framelit in place over the stamped image so you get a perfect cut each time!  I'm so glad I bought it-- well worth the cost!

Here are the supplies I used to create this card.  All supplies are from Stampin' Up! and available for purchase through my Stampin' Up! Online Store unless otherwise noted:

Stamp Sets & Framelits:
Inks:
Other Supplies:
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment