Here's the second card from my Stamp-A-Stack this past Saturday. This card features the Joyful Christmas stamp set, with a beautiful poinsettia stamp image. To make this card, I stamped the sentiment and the poinsettia image onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock using the gold metallic Encore stamp pad, sold in Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Catalog. I couldn't wait to try out the new ink, and I think it looks really pretty on the red paper!
Next I used Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon to tie a simple knot around the stamped images, and then mounted the Cherry Cobbler onto Whisper White cardstock to make it pop. I embossed some Old Olive cardstock using the Stripes embossing folder and my Big Shot, and then adhered everything to a base of Crumb Cake cardstock.
I really like the simplicity and elegance of this card, and it was really easy to make. I hope you like it too!
Here are the supplies I used to create this card. All supplies are from Stampin' Up! and available for purchase through my Stampin' Up! Online Store unless otherwise noted:
Stamp Sets & Embellishments:
- Joyful Christmas Clear-Mount Stamp Set (also available in Wood-Mount here)
- Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Old Olive 1/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon
- Gold Metallic Encore Pad (from Holiday Catalog)
- Whisper White 8.5" x 11"
- Crumb Cake 8.5" x 11" (also available in 12x12 here)
- Cherry Cobbler 8.5" x 11" (also available in 12x12 here)
- Old Olive 8.5" x 11" (also available in 12x12 here)