Monday, November 4, 2013

Wonderful Wreath Holiday Card

I decided to go with a simple card for the 3rd card at my stamp-a-stack this past weekend.  This card was created using two stamps-- the Wonderful Wreath Wood-Mount stamp and the sentiment "deck the halls" from Christmas Messages.  

I first stamped the wreath image onto Whisper White cardstock using Gumball Green Ink.  I love how vibrant this color is-- it looks so festive!  Then I used the Circles Collection of Framelits dies to cut out the wreath.  I used the magnetic platform to make sure the framelit didn't move, to get a perfect cut around the wreath image.  A few of my class attendees decided to go above and beyond, and ended up fussy-cutting the wreath out along the edges and inside of the wreath as well!  Both ways look great, but if you're looking for quick and simple, the framelits are a great way to go!



The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock, with Crumb Cake on top of it.  Deck the Halls was stamped onto the Crumb Cake with Cherry Cobbler ink, and then I used adhesive to put it all together.  The little hearts were punched out from the owl punch-- I love that punch so much!  The final touch was a simple bow using the new 3/4" Chevron ribbon in Cherry Cobbler-- I think it really dresses up the card.

Here are the supplies I used to create this card.  All supplies are from Stampin' Up! and available for purchase through my Stampin' Up! Online Store unless otherwise noted:

Stamp Sets, Framelits, Punches & Ribbon:
Inks:
Other Supplies:
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment